Tag Archives: Courthouse

Courthouse Towers Arches National Park

Courthouse Towers Arches National Park

This is a great place to take photos and really soak in the views. Courthouse Towers Area The Courthouse Towers are a series of spires that stretch up from the desert floor. The trail to the viewpoint is flat and paved. Countless other opportunities will present themselves if you keep an open mind and simply respond to that place within you that says, “Wow, look at that!

Park Avenue and Courthouse Towers

Banff National Park Hotels Map

When choosing where to focus, pay attention to composition and lighting. Use the rule of thirds to place your subject near the intersection of these imaginary lines. Or, the “Rule of Thirds” draws an imaginary 3 x 3 grid top to bottom and right to left and places subjects at the intersection of a horizontal and a vertical line in that grid. Courthouse Towers Arches National Park you arrange subjects, Courthouse Towers Arches National Park the frame! If your subject fills only 10 percent of the picture, the other 90 percent probably is wasted.

You might need to move in closer, use a zoom or a longer focal length lens. Then, look closely at what the lens sees. Is there a yucca plant sticking out of the top of someone’s head? Focus on what really tells the story, and eliminate the rest. A photograph Glacier National Park To Great Falls Mt not about an object, it is about light on an object.

The best photographic light occurs early in the morning and late in the afternoon, as the lower angle of light gives your subject depth and a greater sense of reality. The warmth of the light deepens the redness of the rock into amazing hues, the very reason this land is often called “color country.

Places to Go The features listed in the table below will serve as fine starting points for your photographic odyssey. Countless other opportunities will present themselves if you keep an open mind and simply respond to that place within you that says, “Wow, look at that!

Before Header

The Sinks Great Smoky Mountains National Park

It is named for its resemblance to the livestock animal. Use the rule of thirds to place your subject near the intersection of these imaginary lines. Years of wind and water chiseled away at the rock face and gradually formed the arches and spires that are so popular amongst park visitors.