Yosimite National Park Map
Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you are starting at a trailhead in Yosemite and wish to camp outside of Yosemite during your Wilderness trip, you will only need to get a single wilderness permit from Yosemite. The cabin is closed at other times of the year. Special Offers
A wilderness permit is not required for day hikes unless hiking to Half Dome or for staying in lodging facilities and frontcountry campgrounds. Wilderness permits are only issued to a limited number people for each trailhead in order to provide outstanding opportunities for solitude, as required by the Wilderness Act. Of each daily quota for a trailhead, 60 percent can be reserved ahead of time. The remaining 40 percent are available on a first-come, first-served basis no earlier than 11 am the day before your hike begins as long as permits are available.
Some especially popular areas have additional application procedures: Half Dome: If you’re planning to hike to the top of Half Dome, you need a Half Dome permitwhich you can request on your wilderness permit application. This is a different process than if you’re planning to day-hike to Half Dome. You can apply for this on your wilderness permit application. This does not apply if you’re hiking the Yosimite National Park Map Muir Trail only within Yosemite. Follow these steps to get a wilderness permit: 1.
Decide where you will begin your overnight hike. Yosimite National Park Map you know where you want to begin Glacier National Park To Great Falls Mt hike from, use the trailheads map [1. The trailhead information page has additional information, including quotas for each trailhead, parking information, and other details.
Check availability of reservations for the trailhead. The trailheads report shows which trailheads are full for certain dates as of the last-updated date shown at the top of the page. If the date or trailhead isn’t listed, space is available for at least one person but not necessarily for your entire group.
Apply for a wilderness permit reservation. Wilderness permit reservations are processed by lottery Yosimite National Park Map weeks days in advance of the hiking start date from mid-November through October. Reservations are available fewer than days in advance but not fewer than two days in advancealthough popular trailheads fill up the first day reservations are available.
If you’re unable to get a reservation, consider a first-come, first-served permit. Wilderness permits are available during business hours at any permit issuing station beginning at 11 am the day before the beginning of your wilderness trip. Priority for permits for a particular trailhead is given to the closest permit issuing station. This means that the priority permit station will not allow other permit stations to issue a permit for its trailheads until its morning line is cleared.
So, practically, it’s not possible to get permits for popular trailheads except at the priority permit station. First-Come, First-Served Procedure for all Wilderness Permit Stations From approximately May through October, unreserved permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 11 am on the day before the intended hiking date.
All reservations same day and next day and same-day unreserved permits may still be picked up when the wilderness center opens for the day. Though popular trailheads may fill up, there is always space available on other trailheads in the park. From November through April, wilderness permits are available without a reservation. Frequently Asked Questions 1. Where can I camp? The trailhead quota system limits use based on where you begin your hike, and in some cases, on where you camp the first night of your trip.
After the first night, you Glacier National Park To Great Falls Mt camp wherever you can hike to within the wilderness. Since there are only a few designated campgrounds, you can camp anywhere you like, provided you follow all the regulations. The exceptions are near the…
Insider Tips for Yosemite Access
Tumbling down an enormous rock face just west of the village, Yosemite Falls is impressive not so much in water volume but the sheer height from which it falls. With your own Yosemite cabin as your base, expect the perfect mix of recreation, relaxation and indulgence. The National Park Service will continue to monitor the bears’ activity and will re-open the area to camping as soon as possible.